This is an old pair of EDC scissors my mother asked me to repair. They were rusted up and the spring was broken off near the handle.
- cleaned off the rust with fine sandpaper
- drilled out the rusted in broken spring
- added Victorinox small spring spare
- adjusted the fit of the lid
- cemented the scissors into the lid with Sugru
The case is copper, scissors steel, no makers marks. I have no idea about the age of the scissors, I just know they were given to my mother by my grandmother who passed away when I was three. Possibly from the 1930's from cursory image searches.
EDC means Everyday Carry if you're not familiar with the term.